At Yohana, we’re finding new ways for technology and design to lighten our loads, reclaim our time, and improve our well-being. We want it all. A career and home. Family and friends. Health and wellness. But actually having it all can leave us feeling overloaded. And research shows it. 43 percent of people struggle with decision-making. 66 percent say overload affects their work, and 62 percent, their interpersonal relationships.
Technology was supposed to help by making us more efficient. But the faster we get things done, the more we take on, and our well-being falls to the bottom of the list. Yohana is on a mission to make balance a priority – and do it joyfully.
It’s a meaningful product challenge: helping society reclaim time and make space for joy through technology and design. That’s what the team at Yohana is solving for every day, and we have a lot of fun doing it. With leadership from big tech like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and hypergrowth startups like Nest, Waymo, TaskRabbit, and Casper, we’re motivated to make the world a happier place. Join us!
About The Role:
You will help improve the overall controlling and planning culture for Yohana. This role will assist in designing and implementing effective and scalable cost control practices across the company while supporting senior management to closely monitor OKRs. Prior experience improving the reliability of financial performance, educating teams on financial processes, and support with reforecasting/annual budgeting processes is highly desired.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Responsible for assisting with financial planning and reporting, including headcount planning, budget management, monthly performance review, and ad-hoc analyses
- Ensure alignment on headcount processes and approvals with the People Operations Team and hiring partners
- Collaborate for consolidated financial reporting to be used by the leadership team and department heads
- Develop key insights and recommendations through variance analysis and commentary
- Manage and update the overhead costs in the corporate model, and seek ways to improve forecasting methodologies and techniques
- Play a leading role in annual planning and long-range forecasting
- Partner effectively with Accounting to complete the month-end close process Devise and implement processes, policies, and controls to manage spend Refine data systems and tools to improve financial reporting
What You’ll Bring:
- 6 plus years of relevant work experience in FP&A with a preference for experience at a high-growth startup
- Experience in developing detailed expense reporting and variance commentary at different levels of the organization (department and consolidated level)
- Capable of addressing analytical requests by understanding the core issue, gathering data and assumptions, performing analysis, and presenting results
- Ownership mentality and ability to independently drive projects forward
- Comfortable operating in an unstructured and fast-paced environment, and able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Communicates effectively with business partners and executives
- Prior experience using G Suite (Google docs, Sheets, etc.) and Concur is a plus
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.