Assists in the preparation of the Forecast and Business Plan regarding sales, purchase cost, material cost, and other related cost. Provides accounting and finance reporting/analysis support to a department/business unit or an accounting /finance function. Works on assignments that are moderate in scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Prepares the compilation, reporting, and analysis of the actual results, forecast and business plan regarding sales, purchase cost, material cost, and other related cost; to include data mining; investigating discrepancies, exceptions and adhoc analysis of large complex data sets.
- Recommends ways to identify areas of risk, improve analysis or simplify processes. Utilizes focus on lean process approach to improve speed, accuracy and quality.
- Constructs and assembles financial data sets and accounts utilizing financial reports, financial data bases, big data and key financial information for budgeting and decision making; developing conclusions and presenting summary recommendations.
- Participates with management in making day-to-day operating decisions, developing solutions which may result in policy changes or new processes and offers advice on various aspects of company management and issue resolution.
- Assists other departments in the evaluation of their performance as it pertains to their specific area of focus.
- Assists in the monitoring and tracking of departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and accountabilities and objectives for self. Makes recommendations for improved or newly introduced KPIs.
- Performs internal audits of systems and procedures and cooperates with internal/external auditors to support both audits and improve systems soundness and efficiency.
- Provides assistance on balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Understands, follows and enforces Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Supports assigned general ledger, journal entries as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documents and self-tests, as needed, for monthly quarterly, and yearly requirements.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting or with concentration in Accounting, Finance or Data Analytics required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related Financial Analytics experience required.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and/or business intelligence software required (i.e. Hyperion, HANA, and Tableau).
- Working knowledge of SAP/ERP required.
- Knowledge of data analysis, statistics or data science required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate proficiency in excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to mine big data required.
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.