Panasonic – Financial Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management:
- Prepare journal entries
- Process inter-company / divisional transactions
- Allocate indirect costs to channel partners and/or product categories
- Verify validity of monthly allocations
- Review and approve coding of operating expenses
- Examine channel partner payment adjustments and post audit claims
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Resolve daily operational concerning accounting treatment of financial transactions
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost-efficient operation.
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensures full compliance with MEI and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Conduct initial internal control evaluations
- Investigate, resolve or report to the accounting manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Identify and research account discrepancies
- Verify inter-company assessments
- Define and post reclass entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts and correct journal entries
- Perform accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to: Balance sheet accounts, Expense and salary accruals, Department expense analysis, Prepaid and insurance, Employee relocations, travel advances, etc
- Assist in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Prepare financial reports and related statements, charts, tables and other exhibits
- Complete monthly financial packages including: financial statements, performance charts, tables and other exhibits to be used in reports
- Coordinate and prepare internal and Domain financial statements
- Assist in budget / forecast preparation
- Provide project management support as required
- Assist Business Unit with day-to-day operating decisions, while supporting the Business Partners
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or BS/BA with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 4 years of diversified accounting experience,
- Experience in the government contracts accounting is a plus
- Advanced computer literacy in general ledger software, spreadsheets, word processing and related systems including SAP
- Considerable analytical abilities that enable the analysis of complex financial details.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.