The Manager will be responsible for understanding, interpreting, and predicting all financial activities within PENA. Those activities include overseeing the development of the annual business plan, conducting the monthly financial forecast, presenting the monthly financial results, and establishing financial KPI’s which PENA will be held accountable to.Additional activities include working with Cost Accounting to understand Standard Costs; working with the Operations team to understand the manufacturing costs and addressing deviations from Plan. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our Director of Finance and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
- Manage the FP&A team to ensure proper perspective on long term and short-term financial outlook of PENA with appropriate countermeasures implemented to address any risks to achieving corporate objectives including Midterm Planning, Annual Business Planning, Monthly Forecasting activities, and Variance Explanations
- Create internal policies for all areas within Finance organization
- Establish standard controls and procedures for all key activities such as those listed above
- Develop monthly and quarterly management reporting package for senior leadership
- Develop Financial Dashboard highlighting critical KPI’s for Sr. Leadership
- Provide guidance to Operations on impact of decisions being made to with financial implications
- Look for new solutions to expand FP&A model beyond Excel
- Conduct monthly Financial Overview with Leadership members, explaining financial position and key metrics to business success
- Work with PENA IT to define new solutions to “push” information to senior management, and not necessary to ask
- Maintains, reviews, and communicates cost center expenses in conjunction with Accounting Team, ensuring proper documentation and system entries
- Works closely and collaboratively across multi-department teams
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and members of other departments
- Ability to use reasoning to solve problems that may arise
- Utilize established resources to complete work efficiently and effectively
- Timeliness and accuracy of work is important
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 7+ years of direct experience leading a Finance team with focus on Executive Reporting
- Advanced literacy with Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets and database functions
- FP&A and Financial Reporting experience
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, or another fully integrated ERP system
- Working knowledge of accrual-based accounting within a manufacturing environment
- Able to work with all levels of management as high as CEO and as low as first level manager
- Strong customer service skills including excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Interprets procedures and governmental regulations
- Capable of handling confidential information in a responsible manner
- Responds to inquiries from operations managers, production control, finance in a timely manner
- Flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities
- Highly organized and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to collaborate and form teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Supervise and manage the staff: 50%
- FP&A: 30%
- Financial Reporting: 20%
- Build strong relationships and collaborate well at all levels
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.