Panasonic – Finance Business Partner
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This Finance Business Partner will collaborate with key members of YO Lab’s operations and marketing teams to develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making. They will drive the long-term planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes for the teams they support and provide detailed monthly reports and analysis to the teams and to YO’s executive leadership.
YO Labs is looking for a business-oriented finance professional to join our team. This Finance Business Partner will collaborate with key members of YO Lab’s operations and marketing teams to develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making. They will drive the long-term planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes for the teams they support and provide detailed monthly reports and analysis to the teams and to YO’s executive leadership. The position will involve delivering important insights to senior leaders and executive management and require strong influence management skills. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial and general business analysis and demonstrated experience collaborating across functions. This position will report directly to YO Labs Head of Finance.
Strategic Advice and Partnership:
- Partner with head of business units to develop long term financial plans
- Develop and present strategic insights about the business, including identifying and measuring business drivers
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Become a trusted business partner to the business units and executive management
- Financial Management:
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis for marketing and operations
- Interpret and present key findings to senior leadership audience
- Enable effective resource management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for monthly and quarterly performance reporting for optimal results
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the teams
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions as well as strategic organizational and functional developments
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
- Business Engagement:
- Integration of finance into the business; attend team meetings / understanding of the business
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with each business partner
- Timely, meaningful views on their business
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments; return-on-investment discipline
- Robust toolkit to help manage the business and enable management decision making
- People Management:
- Be the face of Finance to the marketing and operations teams
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders
- Translate finance concepts and sensitivities to the operations and marketing teams
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- MBA/CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of professional experience or equivalent with 2-3 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Experience as a business partner supporting operational teams with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting.
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem-solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work in a startup environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.