Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to make live better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage with a Health Spending Account
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPS)
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days.
Field Service Technician I:
Provides onsite service and preventative maintenance to point of sale products, security and wireless systems for assigned territories. Keeps up to date on product knowledge, specifications, and operation. Provides constructive feedback to management regarding product performance and service issues. Completes required sections of work orders, check lists, and other documentation as required. Maintains a safe work environment through proper utilization of tools and equipment.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
Please note that this position is based out of Alberta, Canada (Red Deer).
- Visits customer sites to resolve technical issues as required. Assists in the resolution of issues, and participates in team resolution of non-routine or significant issues. Tests equipment and software changes remotely or at customer sites.
- Reports equipment quality, or programming issues to management teams. Prepares required sections of work orders, check lists, documentation, records progress, status, and resolution solutions.
- Trains new customers on basic operation and maintenance of equipment. Ensures the design, and delivery of technical training meets the needs of customers. Continuously improves training materials and delivery. Provides feedback on equipment operation to management team.
- Keeps up to date on changing product technology through the review of technical and service manuals, making internet inquiries, and participates in required training.
- Ensures equipment required for service or preventative maintenance are in good repair and are stored safely. Requests new equipment when lost or worn. Requests defective or worn equipment to be scrapped and prepares required documentation. Maintains equipment logs as necessary.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- College degree in technical services with 1-to-2-year previous experience. A+ certification and Network + preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Excel Word, Outlook. Salesforce would be an asset.
- Routine problem solving of technical issues including the communication of product operations, functions with some significant elements.
- Ability to meet customer expectations and provide good customer service.
- Some troubleshooting and testing require to determine root causes of technical issues.
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please apply via email at [email protected]. Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.