Official title: Field Quality Specialist
This is an on-the-road position. The ideal candidate will live within reasonable distance of a major airport in the northeastern region of the United States.
The Field Quality Specialist will perform field installation, commissioning and lead root cause analyses for Hussmann product issue to support customers and ensure their objectives are met within budget, on time, and with required quality and functionality.
- Perform field installation and commissioning and lead in root causing field reported Hussmann product issues, ensuring customer support objectives are met within budget, on time, and with required quality and functionality. Key Job functions include:
- Effectively manage field projects within budgetary guidelines
- Effectively manage individual utilization – including maintaining itinerary plans and proactively communicating to the manager and leads when schedule permits special project work
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet project objectives, drive root cause, and mitigate customer risk
- Provide customer support related to the delivery and startup of sustaining and new products
- Participate in meeting cadences as required with cross-functional teams to ensure robust support plans for field escapes, issues, large customer start-up projects, and new products and controls startups
- Champion projects to completion
- Support process improvement activities
- Oversee complex order and new product builds
- Drive cross-functional accountability related to Field Quality to mitigate customer risk
- Document onsite findings utilizing the field report creation process
- Utilize the Field Escalation process when applicable
- Perform standard FQS duties
- Conducting plant and customer site audits to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of product and processes.
- Interact directly with customers, contractors, technicians and engineering providing advanced-level technical expertise in order to instil confidence in Hussmann equipment, installation, technical support, and service and will also have the experience to provide startup support on refrigeration systems and merchandisers as needed.
- This position is customer-facing; therefore, professionalism is of the utmost importance as the FQS is viewed as Hussmann’s “technical expert”.
- Capable of influencing warranty expenditures by identifying and resolving issues prior to equipment start-up
- Mentor and develop emerging FQS team members in the startup and functionality of Hussmann products
- Facilitate/Coordinate Training as required
- Provide Peer to Peer Training
- Create Training Material as required
- Champion employee engagement initiatives
- High School Diploma and Technical Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years Refrigeration/HVAC or related industry experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Must have advanced industry product knowledge; hands-on understanding of complex refrigeration systems; and advanced knowledge of electrical controls and equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience facilitating meetings with cross-functional teams preferred
- Experience managing complex customer start-ups
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Manufacturing new product launch/build experience a plus
- Mobility within work facilities including manufacturing and installation sites
- Knowledgeable and/or trainable in Hussmann systems (Aftermarket, Tavant, CRM Dynamics, QMS, and Team Center)
- Up to 70% independent travel to manufacturing and customer sites