Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Customer Delivery Field Installation Engineer
The Smart Mobility Office (SMO) within Panasonic acts as an incubation engine to capture new opportunities and become a gamechanger in the rapidly transforming transportation industry. The Cirrus team, within SMO, is creating disruptive technologies to advance vehicle-to-everything (V2X) technology that transforms each vehicle into a true IoT device and leverages this data to revolutionize traffic management and safety on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Field Installation Execution and Reporting
- Manages the RSU & OBU standard work order lifecycle configuration, kitting, installation, verification, documentation
- Owns the design of all customer-delivered Bill of Materials BOM
- Maintains configuration control and documentation of the varying RSE and OBE designs as they are deployed in the field
- Responsible for reporting project installation status to the Project Management Office and the Customer Delivery Lead
- Aggregates and summarizes data at each stage of the work order lifecycle to communicate progress and status
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues found during field installations alongside installation subcontractor teammates
- Responsible for development of customer deliverables including Installation Plans and Installation Reports for each deployment project
- Subcontract Technical Management and Execution
- Develops technical evaluation criteria for subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Defines and writes subcontract Statements of Work for installation projects.
- Performs technical evaluations of subcontract proposals.
- Supports project kickoff meetings for subcontract installation team on each project.
- Leads the end-to-end technical planning, coordination, and documentation of subcontractor installation activities.
- Supports subcontract team’s Installation Readiness Review milestones as primary stakeholder on the Customer Delivery Team to evaluate whether an installation event may begin.
- Assesses subcontract invoices to confirm completed work for payment approval.
- Reviews and approves technical deliverables submitted by subcontract installation teammates.
- Drives improvements to the processes and tools used for customer project deployments based on lessons learned in the field
- Performs retrospectives across internal and subcontractor team members to identify lessons learned and associated actions or ideas for improvement
- Documents standard installation processes and procedures to formalize and streamline projects
- Develops and revises installation verification procedures as new Connected Vehicle technologies are released by the R&D team
- This role reports to the CIRRUS/V2X Deployment Solutions Group Manager.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Experience delivering engineering hardware/software solutions (after-sales) to Panasonic customer sites and vehicles
- Experience performing hardware testing, verification, and troubleshooting
- Experience managing technology installation subcontracts
- Experience developing and managing material preparation and delivery process flow
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with data analysis tools such as Snowflake and Tableau
- Familiar with scheduling tools such as Calendly
- Familiar with CAN bus protocols and analysis tools such as Vehicle Spy
- Familiar with process modeling tools such as Lucid Chart or Visio
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $100,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 10% based on individual and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.