This position is responsible for principal equipment management. This individual will utilize both internal and external processes to verify equipment quality in the field and take timely, necessary actions to remedy all equipment deficiencies to ensure high customer satisfaction. This individual will be responsible for multiple concurrent projects and work with various departments as well as external organizations to meet project objectives and deadlines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Field Equipment Representative (FER) to perform job site inspections and reviews as needed.
- FER to investigate fit and finish, field quality issues for all Hussmann products and submit field reports through an online-based CRM program.
- Effectively communicate and give feedback to sales and engineering as required.
- Order parts via CRM as needed to resolve equipment warranty and quality issues.
- Follow-up with warranty & engineering requests for additional details from job sites.
- Ability to assess situations and prioritize job responsibilities.
- Competence to manage all technical issues for delivered equipment to ensure a positive resolution for the customer. This includes leveraging “subject matter experts” as needed from other parts of the organization.
- Ability to identify and champion cost-savings measures and methods.
- Solution driven.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with contractors and customers.
- Skill to communicate with customer representatives, contractors, and sales organizations on the status of all equipment issues, both positive and negative.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years project management experience OR 5-7 years of project management experience is required.
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience is required.
- Refrigeration/HVAC or demonstrated technical ability is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and champion projects through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills, both verbal and written required.
- Up to 50% travel required