Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Performs as an on-site engineering support liaison between the OEM and Panasonic to ensure system performance and reliability in addition to customer satisfaction and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met. Represent Panasonic Field Engineering interests in resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer engineering departments. Manages large projects at the direction and discretion of leadership.
Onsite Location: Mirabel, CAN
- Liaison to Airline Customers/OEMs
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Panasonic products and installations, including system software and associated equipment. Remain current as new products and enhancements are released. Continually obtain new data, specifications, and interface often with the groups developing new products and software.
- Provide regular, accurate and detailed technical reports to Field Engineering management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication and often participates in continuing problem investigations.
- Work closely with OEM engineering departments by providing timely and accurate data, reports and feedback.
- Issue Resolution
- Advanced working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems which interface with Panasonic equipment.
- Participate in resolving system discrepancies, such as reliability issues (wiring/hardware/software) by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Product Support Engineering, Field Engineering Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems. Collect data required by Park Place HQ to support engineering investigation of root causes.
- Consults with and advises other PAC departments on technical and non-technical problems and issues.
- Service, Support, and Troubleshooting
- Provides advanced level technical guidance and field assistance to Panasonic personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues. Provides accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Performs complex troubleshooting and problem solving for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration. Work closely with engineering departments to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved. Provides feedback to Product Support Engineering to amend applicable calibration and acceptance test procedures.
- Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation to verify that all specifications are met.
- Work with training department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for airline customers.
- Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight test and customer flight acceptance.
- Team Lead
- Provide mentoring/guidance to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree is preferred. 10+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Typically requires 7+ years’ experience as a Field Engineer or Product Engineer to airlines/OEM customers, specializing in electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology.
- Able to assist on technical issues that impact multiple airline programs.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of PAC products including Test Sets and associated equipment
- Advanced working knowledge of aircraft systems that interface with Panasonic Avionics Corp equipment such as cabin management systems and or IFE.
- Advanced understanding and utilization of wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
- Has basic understanding of Recommended Spares requirements and coordinates the delivery of spare equipment for airline customers.
- Extensive Linux/Unix experience with command line and network troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Basis familiarization with FAA, CAA and ATA requirements for avionics equipment.
- Identifies and communicates complex engineering problems in software and hardware to Engineering Management (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment related).
- Advanced engineering-level product knowledge on avionics and related software areas.
- Proficient using MS Office suite of products.
- Network/Software and Hardware experience or similar qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced level ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and carry out responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Advanced working knowledge of aircraft systems a plus.
- MySQL database experience a plus.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of other personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to extensively modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrable experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 10 to 15%, both domestic and international, possibly on short notice.
- Ability and willingness to provide weekend and after hours support as required.
- Able to obtain onsite OEM security access (may need to pass Criminal Records check and Drugs/Alcohol test, as required by Airport Authority).
- Required to hold active passport.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.