On-site support Engineer between Panasonic, Airline customers and/or Airframe Manufacturer (OEM) to ensure customer satisfaction, deliver OEM aircraft on-time and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Performs engineering support, and technical liaison to our airline customers and OEM, ensuring product performance, functional, inspection, certification objectives are met. Represent Panasonic Field Support interests in resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer/OEM engineering departments. Support OEM Engineering, Factory, Flightline, Flight Tests, Labs and other OEM manufacturing areas.
Integration & Troubleshooting
- Document issues and troubleshooting in OEM FLIGHT database.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for first of model installations, follow-on CFR 21 production aircraft, new equipment line-fit installations for hardware, wiring, and software integration efforts and problem resolution. Work in conjunction with OEM Field Staff Engineers to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved.
- Support and/or assist in OEM certification ground and flight testing.
- Support customer inspections and customer test flights on daily basis at OEM.
- Support any rework activities at the OEM including where our system integrates with other vendors/OEM systems.
- Understand spares requirements and assist in coordinating spares equipment for customers/OEMs as required.
- Build a working rapport with OEM technical teams ie Engineering, factory and flightline. Maintain a professional relationship with our airline customers.
- Assist with technical / engineering guidance to OEM Factory and Flightline in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues.
- Support software troubleshooting under guidance from staff engineers or senior FE's and perform “OATP” if required.
- Carry out Panasonic specific system checks and tests. Including but not limited to, GCS system tests, IFE checks and aircraft systems checks where our system interfaces with other vendors/OEM systems.
- Support “Entry into service” software/media loading, in addition, GCS configuration preparation.
- Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation as well as OEM Coordination Memos to verify that all specifications are met.
- Participate in resolving system operation or reliability issues by assisting with investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with the OEM and other departments.
- Provide regular, accurate and detailed technical reports to Field Support management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication and participates in continuing problem investigations.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of Panasonic Avionics products and installations, including a working knowledge of system software and associated equipment. Remain current as new products and enhancements are released. Continually obtain new data, specifications and documentation as they become available.
- Contribute towards achieving Panasonic goals and objectives by assisting and providing support to OEM, Airline customers and Panasonic departments as directed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems that interfaces with Panasonic equipment.
- Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Quality, Product Support Engineering, Regional Field Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation related problems.
- Provide a consistent communication path to Engineering for problem resolution. Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Be cognizant of possible quality or reliability problems and report failures.
- Technical background in high performance electronics/avionics, audio/video and software controlled systems.
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities.
- Ability to learn and comprehend wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Linux commands, file system structure, and overall familiarity with the various processes.
- Must be able to operate standard electronic test equipment and tooling.
- Must posses a working knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Must become familiar with FAA, CAA, and ATA requirements for avionics equipment.
- While not a supervisory position, may need to manage individual assignments and participate in team planning activities.
- Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from Panasonic, OEM, Airlines and other vendors on a technical level.
- Capable of identifying engineering problems in software and hardware and reporting to OEM management and other Engineering departments, (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment related).
- Demonstrated basic-level product knowledge on avionics/electronics and/or related software areas.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Sciences or related degree; Or 2+ years of engineering experience in Information Technology, electronic / avionics systems, software or broadcast technology may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Typically requires 0-1 years of related experience (with AA Degree)
- Active driver’s license and willing to submit to a background record check.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Willing to work multiple shifts, Holidays, weekends and beyond normal business hours as required. Work schedule as assigned by Management.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.