Panasonic – Field Application Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Manage team of staff that may include Field Engineers. Heavy contact with Sales, Service, and end users.
- Provide technical solutions for DC/DC converter integrated with ESS battery
- Primary contact for Engineering team to answer any technical questions.
- Provide technical assistance to support customer as needed as well as internal team(s) Manage problems escalated
- Assist Factory in resolving technical issues, when necessary.
- Travel to customer location(s) if necessary, to resolve issues.
Customer Relationship Management Solutions:
- A primary contact with customer in all pre-development work.
- Responsible to fix design specification with customers during the beginning stage of development process
- Meet with customers as necessary to make sure proposed specification will meet customer’s needs.
Project Management / Leadership:
- Develop project plans
- coordinate projects
- communicate changes & progress
- complete project on-time and within budget
- Understand customer expectations in areas of product certification and environmental needs.
Pre-Sales / Pre-Contract:
Actively participate with Sales, Operations, and Legal throughout the contract negotiations with customer.
What You’ll Bring:
- Reports to Sr. Manager
- Individual Contributor- No Direct Reports
- Located in Mountain view
- Maintain contact with key strategic market sectors and customer end-users
Education & Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Working experience in overseas or in multicultural environment.
- Exercise professional technical judgement in evaluating new products.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to write effectively and provide both summary and detailed explanations to Sr. Management when necessary.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- 20-30% travel (domestic) required.
- Some international travel required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.