Panasonic Connect - Federal Marketing Manager
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
Responsible for plans and policies related to the organizations Government Sector, Federal Defense and Civilian marketing activities, including developing market objectives and strategies, as well as monitoring performance against goals. Designs and executes activities such as market research, brand product management, advertising/sales promotion, tradeshow messaging and content development related to the Federal Government Sector. Individual should have experience marketing solutions-based products and a willingness to try new marketing tactics in order to achieve business goals.
What You Get to Do:
- Develop and execute marketing plans to support the Government Sector Mobility business. Vertical Marketing lead for Mobility Government Sector business results. Coordinate with Government Sector sales, Federal Vertical and Channel Marketing Manager, Systems Integrators, teams on sales objectives and focus areas, marketing strategies to drive results and improve ROI of all marketing plans
- Develop and execute messaging of Mobility solutions strategy for the Federal Government Sector Vertical identifying new ways to approach the market and expand existing contacts and engagements in this industry. Including understanding of Federal contracts, bids and proposals and State/Local Grants and Proposals processes.
- Coordinate Government Sector tradeshow and event activities to include various key advisory council groups, Major Defense and Civilian shows. Work with sales and events teams to present Panasonic messages that support the overall vertical strategy.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Direct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and provide feedback for future product development.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop targeted industry specific messages.
- Manage the Government Sector marketing operating budget that supports all marketing operating expense related to marketing plan development including agency retainers, trade shows and events, sales promotions, creative ad development and execution.
- Coordinate and interface with primary agencies and digital team to ensure strong and appropriate Panasonic Connect branding and take advantage of co-op cost efficiencies. Includes communication of Mobility marketing vision, goals, and objectives in a large corporate environment as it relates to the Government Sector.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or related field required, MBA preferred
- 5 plus yrs. of direct marketing experience with a proven track record of delivering business results,
- Thorough knowledge of marketing concepts and best practices including mar tech platforms – SFDC Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Google ads, Drupal CMS, and social media platforms.
- Integrated system solution marketing experience focusing on needs of the Customer, their business issues.
- Former Federal Government employee, Civ Agency or Department of Defense DoD service member preferred.
- Government Marketing, Management experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience with Grant writing and working with government grant programs.
- B2B Market Understanding: Has proven ability to understand business needs, unearth new insights, and translate into successful market awareness and customer demand.
- Creative thinking ability to work through situations using out of the box thinking to solve problems.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze and interpret data and continually evolve strategies based on key learning.
- Ability to utilize Program Management tracking, reporting, and management processes.
- Experience in Business Development practices
- Effective and professional Speaker at large venues including press events, tradeshows, eco-system Partners events, and Internal meetings.
- Ability to effectively work within a team of diverse cross- functional interests to achieve desired business objectives goals.
- Proven ability to work, organize, and be effective in a complex matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently and communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to make decisions and resolve issues while working under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Technical Writing and editing is a plus.
25 percent travel
What We Offer:
The salary range of $110K-150K is just one component of Panasonic Cannect's total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.