You will need to thrive and deliver results in an agile, ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment, operating across all levels of the organization. You will have opportunity to own and execute high impact strategic, cross-functional initiatives in an ever changing and fast-paced environment. You will be expected to effectively prioritize multiple projects/areas, manage risks, communicate, and deliver results in a systematic manner using project management tools and methodologies. Ability to leverage available technology, propose improvements based on customer requirements, and analyze data will be critical to this role.
Success in this role will include creating and implementing robust planning, prioritization, execution, and sustainment mechanisms. You will need to iterate and develop new processes, leveraging the best and creating the rest. High judgement, ability to influence, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, developing a clear cadence, and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership to and influencing change at all levels in the organization.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with the project leadership and stakeholders to build detailed project plans, allocate resources, and assess the risks to on-time delivery
- Actively engage in managing complex, cross functional projects and programs as well as short-term consulting engagements
- Assist in the development of the individual project scope and objectives as needed, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop critical path analysis for project implementation as needed
- Support in identifying potential risks or issues and implement appropriate remedies to effectively mitigate or remove barriers to project success
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors as needed for the flawless execution of projects (ex: project documentation and requirements are captured, signed-off and delivered solution meets stated requirements)
- Build healthy relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels including senior leadership, geographically distributed project team members, cross-functional stakeholders, and vendors
- Drive best practices, promote knowledge sharing and close collaboration amongst various stakeholders
- Stay relevant by growing and excelling in areas of expertise and becoming a recognized thought leadership
- Ability to stay focused on execution and ensuring that projects are delivered on-time and budget.
- Create and maintain project plans, reports, and dashboards that provide the project teams and project sponsors insight into project portfolio
- Provides clear and concise status updates and reports to various levels of the organization
- Assist in establishing project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects meet high quality standards and stakeholder expectations
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related fields. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 10+ years of Project and Program Management experience
- Working Knowledge of Factory Ops
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Analytically minded and goal oriented
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Highly organized, exceptional time management and task prioritization abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks on tight timelines
- This position does not require formal Project Management Professional certification - but does require knowledge of project lifecycle phases, project management tools and significant experience managing technology projects to deadlines, holding others accountable, and maintaining project plans with dependent efforts and major milestones.
- Experience with resource planning and managing internal and external project resources
- Comfortable in a remote work setting and a proven team player with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively and influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists
- Proactively manage issues, risks, and scope changes and escalate as needed in a timely manner
- Relevant and successful project management and/or consulting experience of highly complex, cross functional projects in a fast-paced, global, and dynamic organization
- Deep understanding of project management methods, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of Logistics, Procurement, Inventory Management and Control
- Experience working in different time zones and virtually collaborating with teams
- Has a passion for Project / Program / Portfolio Management
- Experience with online collaboration / facilitation tools
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
As part of Panasonic’s expansion strategy, it is now constructing a very large Li-ion battery factory near Kansas City, Kansas. In this new green-field factory, Panasonic will manufacture cylindrical lithium-ion cells for various electric vehicle makers. This role is for a full-time on-site position in the new factory being built in DeSoto, Kansas.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.