Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage the overall scopes of various projects.
- Manage, monitor and control project budget, track actual cost vs budgeted cost, forecast anticipated costs, create daily or weekly cost reports, etc.
- Control and manage project documentation including issuing contracts, change orders, request for information (RFI), drawing/design packages, design change narratives (DCN), etc.
- Schedule entire scope of project including all related departments. Track Critical path of project, create recovery schedules, and identify/execute opportunities for schedule improvement.
- Ability to lead and direct project meetings utilizing all available project related documentation.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create daily or weekly construction reports including safety, major highlights, schedule updates, project status, constraints, conflicts, and corresponding action plans.
- Develop spreadsheets, tools, diagrams, and process maps to document project requirements.
- Prioritize a list of many projects and execute project deliverables with available resources on time and on on budget.
- Provides input and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, engineering management, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3-7 years of construction management or related field experience.
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tool
- Demonstrates effective planning, organization, time management, and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and a focus on team success.
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before taking action, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others
- Ability to walk or maneuver approximately 3 miles per day in the factory
- Willingness to work in a construction environment and wear appropriate PPE
- The employee must be able to follow safety requirements and procedure provided by the company and its agents
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.