Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
PENA is looking to fill the position of Facilities Maintenance Technician. The main responsibility for this position is to ensure that the condition of our manufacturing areas meets or exceeds the standards required to create our lithium-ion cells.Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Must be proficient in at least one mechanical/technical construction trade: Electrical, Plumbing and Pipefitting, HVAC Mechanic highly preferred.
- Using hand-held measuring devices, take readings for dew point, temperature, relative humidity, air flow, ampacity, pressure, and particulates.
- Must possess proficient skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- First Responder. Be able to move rapidly through the factory to any of the manufacturing areas that may require a maintenance response.
- Be able to quickly assess a utility outage and take corrective measures needed to rectify situation.
- Utilities include:
- Compressed Air
- High Pressure Compressed Air
- Dry Air
- Dust collection
- Process Vacuum
- Deionized water
- Process Cooling Water
- Hot Reverse Osmosis Water
- nMP and electrolyte
- Be able to read and edit blueprints.
- Be able to draft, approve, and follow Maintenance Operating Procedures (MOP)
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Manage vendors and contractors and ensure they adhere to work rules set forth by PENA.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Speak clearly in loud areas.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to hear, see, and smell to correctly detect issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Be capable of walking several miles a day and able to climb ladders, stairs, access ladders, and gangways to gain access to utility areas.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience preferred.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience preferred; expecting strong pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some electrical, plumbing, and HVAC experience.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Trade school/vocational graduate preferred.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.