- Perform site survey to assess equipment conditions, identify physical location for facility related equipment
- Meet both internal and external customer requirements utilizing the SQCDP principle
- Review and analyze Facilities Daily Operations Log and round sheets
- Generate Facilities Notices (Aconex) for facilities projects
- Assist in supporting facilities maintenance personnel with troubleshooting equipment and/or design failure issues
- Present project status updates in department meetings
- Assist in the design and selection of plant facilities
- Assist in calculating existing system capacities and utilization for assigned functional area
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules for assigned projects
- Work with onsite customers to align and request funding for assigned projects.
- Monitor and control cost and schedule performance for assigned projects.
- Conduct field walks and meetings to align on project scope and sequence with stakeholders.
- Assist with failure analysis, generate corrective action proposals and recommendations
- Interpret regulatory codes for compliance (local, state, and federal)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university
- Basic knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Hands-on experience through project teams or previous jobs
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic at the Gigafactory
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 23rd and Friday, August 11th. This date range is subject to change
- Must be able to attend the entirety of the internship
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.