Facilities Engineer III
Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
The Facilities Engineer III will integrate with a growing team of Facility Engineers and BIM Designers in a High-Performance Culture. The engineer will lead our most critical projects in support of the ongoing site operations, improvements, and facility expansions at Panasonic. Additionally, they will combine engineering, business acumen, project management knowledge, communications, and passion for continuous improvement to support the team in our high performing lithium-ion battery cell industry. Furthermore, the engineer will be subject matter expert for utility systems and will be the associated problem-solving resource for the site.
- Support design and install of facility systems composed of HVAC, cleanroom, dry room, wastewater, electrical, fire/life safety, dry and wet process systems and associated equipment
- Engineer will be subject matter expert for four or more utility systems, focus on dry and wet mechanical and process, as assigned and support respective engineering and design development and approval reviews
- Lead facilities construction projects as assigned through all project management phases.
- Develop and monitor energy control and conservation systems.
- Support facility design for construction and identify opportunities for operational and energy efficiencies.
- Conduct routine assessments of the facility systems operations.
- Perform tests and rounds with analysis of collected data to assure the proper function of equipment.
- Ensure energy efficient operations of all facility systems.
- Assist with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintain relationships and ongoing communication with engineering and construction subcontractors and vendors
- Assist in the update and / or maintenance of as-built drawings
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) including assembly and reporting in response to customer concerns.
- Assist with inventory control programs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, and government agencies directives related to facility operations
- Lead system and process improvements through continuous improvement program
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees', wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in operation/engineering of mission critical facilities and infrastructure (HVAC, cleanroom, dry room, wastewater, electrical, fire/life safety, dry and wet process systems and associated equipment)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Problem solving skills and close attention to detail
- Manage a large number of projects effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents
- Knowledge of relevant engineering principles and methods of construction
- High Performance Leadership
- Construction management experience
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments
- Experience supporting and constructing large facilities, preferably in advanced manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with energy and carbon saving programs.
- Develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Respond effectively, verbally, and in writing to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or complaints.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Lean Six Sigma, 5S, and continuous process improvement experience
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both coworkers and clients.
- Being approachable and adaptable. Must be comfortable communicating/troubleshooting with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with clean room/dry room environments.
- Possession of HVAC, electrical, or mechanical licensure.
- Focus to achieve the organization’s goals while developing skills and gaining knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with others for completing successful projects
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.