Facilities Engineer II
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today
- Supporting design and installation of facility systems composed of HVAC, dry room/ dehumidifier, wastewater, electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Scheduling and cost control of facility system construction.
- Developing and monitor energy control and conservation systems.
- Supporting facility design for construction and updates for operational and energy efficiencies.
- Conducting routine, ongoing assessments of the facility systems operations.
- Performing tests and rounds and analyzing data to assure the proper functioning of equipment.
- Ensuring energy efficient operations of all facility systems.
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with vendors.
- Assisting in updating and / or maintaining as-built drawings.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, and government agencies directives related to facility operations.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in operation/engineering of mission critical facilities and infrastructure (HVAC, dehumidifiers, generators, wastewater, fire/life safety systems)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience supporting and constructing large facilities, preferably in advanced manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with energy saving programs.
- The ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
- Manage projects effectively.
- Develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Respond effectively, verbally, and in writing to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or complaints.
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both coworkers and clients.
- Being approachable and adaptable. Must be comfortable communicating/troubleshooting with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with clean room/dry room environments.
- Possession of HVAC, electrical, or mechanical licensure.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.