Meet the Recruiter: Will Downey
Explore Panasonic Careers
Panasonic Video Our Mission: Create Technologies That Move Us Facilities Engineer II
Department: Engineering Program Mgmt
The Supervisor is responsible for managing and controlling project budges, project documents such as contracts and change orders, and create and maintain project schedules. Additionally, the Project Manager coordinate and monitor engineering projects from initiation through delivery. Serves as a liaison between engineering and non-engineering departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Applies project management knowledge of fundamental skills of scope, schedule, and cost
- Assisting other Engineering Project/Program Managers or directly managing the overall scope of various projects (mechanical, chemical, engineering, construction, process improvement, etc.)
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Assisting or managing and controlling project budget, tracking actual cost vs budgeted cost, forecasting anticipated costs, creating daily or weekly cost reports, etc.
- Controlling and managing project documentation including issuing contracts, change orders, request for information (RFI), drawing/design packages, design change narratives (DCN), etc.
- Creating and maintaining project schedule of the entire scope of project(s) including all related cross-functional departments. Tracking critical path of project including recovery schedules and areas of schedule improvement
- Leading and directing project meetings utilizing all necessary related project documentation such as the following: schedule, budget, meeting minutes, installation procedures, etc.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Analyzing potential risks and performing risk management procedures to minimize impact of project risks and exploit project opportunities
- Creating daily or weekly project reports including major highlights, schedule updates, current project status, issues or conflicts, lessons learned, and next action plans
- Developing spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
- Working efficiently with Panasonic Project Management Office (PMO) to prioritize a list of many projects and execute approved projects with available resources
- Providing input on process improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Engineering Management, or a related field from a four-year College or University
- At least one internship preferably in project management
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Solid computer skills and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction by seeking answers and a focus on team success
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before acting, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience in mechanical engineering or construction management
- Experience utilizing a scheduling software
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.