Explicit Dynamic Simulation Analyst Intern
Panasonic Avionics Corporation – Irvine, CA
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is seeking motivated Explicit Dynamic Simulation Analyst Intern to join our growing Engineering team in our Irvine, CA office. This paid internship will start in June and continue through August 2023 with an opportunity to potentially continue through the school year. Summer Internship position on In-Flight Entertainment product (monitor on the back of the seat) by conducting structural parametric study of Panasonic Avionics monitor.
How you will spend your summer:
- Perform monitor as well as subcomponent a static test using classical hand calculations and computer simulations using FEA.
- Perform explicit dynamic simulation on the monitor by creating finite analysis model (FEM) using Ansys LS Dyna.
- Work with mechanical engineering and senior simulation analyst on the simulation and validation.
- Conduct static test on material samples. Collect and record test data.
- Conduct impact tests (Head Component Test). Collect and record test data.
- Learn to perform pre-qualification (engineering tests) to identify failures and provide technical solutions to problems
- Coordinate preparing and ordering of test setup parts and brackets for the test.
- Coordinating available time slot at the test facility and conducting tests.
- Work with senior engineer on technical approach, method, and validation with test engineers.
What you bring to the internship:
- Ability to study and understand detailed mechanical drawings and exploded views.
- Ability to multi-task between projects.
- Experience in commercial simulation tools preferably ANSYS LS Dyna is a PLUS
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Master’s level candidates preferred
- Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Civil Engineering majors preferred
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Visit us at www.panasonic.aero to learn more!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.