Leads company-wide product management and business development including partner & IP and strategy making recommendations.to executive management for new target customers, segments, products, strategies, business models, partnerships, organization and other needs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for the definition, measurement and execution of the Panasonic product management process to maintain the Panasonic product portfolio/roadmaps, partnership strategy, product planning process, leading the strategic planning teams (SPTs) and product steering committee (SCM) meetings. Defines and analyzes metrics to ensure and improve effectiveness of the planning related activities and processes.
- Provides a process for detailed review of business cases for all product proposals to ensure that all needs of the product, not just technical barriers, can be met including ensuring manufacturing, distribution channels, legal and regulatory issues, organizational elements, and managed to ensure successful product development and launch.
- Responsible for cross-domain and global Panasonic product collaboration strategy to ensure that we are operating at the highest possible level of efficiency in North America and globally by sharing of information, knowledge, intellectual property and technology assets.
- Responsible to identify, prioritize and pursue the most desirable business opportunities across all product domains to create significant new areas of revenue, growth and increase operating profit percentages.
- Responsible, in partnership with global sales teams, for working with North American and global automakers and emerging non-traditional automotive & mobility customers to identify core product needs and requirements to execute the product planning process and develop strategies to lead successful new business development activities.
- Identifies and creates proposals for new areas of business, new business models, new IP development, acquisitions and partnerships. Responsible for identification of opportunities to enhance profitability through intellectual property licensing or other approaches.
- Partners with the marketing team lead activity to communicate the Panasonic product strategy to internal employees, other Panasonic divisions and external parties via appropriate methods including internal management meetings, meetings with other Panasonic companies, divisions, speaking engagements, interviews, conferences, etc.
- Responsible for Intellectual Property and Acquisition strategy that includes reviewing competitive IP strategy landscape compare with Panasonic IP portfolio in conjunction with overall PASA Product and Corporate strategic initiatives; Supports the Invention Review committee and provides assistance to set strategy and product direction based on IP landscape.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of high level corporate strategies, objectives, events, policies, corporate projects, and competitive intelligence that are vital to the overall corporation which are relevant to the AIS/PASA business globally and locally.
- Reviews proposals for changes to advanced engineering planning to ensure optimum alignment with product strategy.
Assigned Domain Areas Include:
- The planning, implementation and/or definition of successful product plans, business development strategies, customer / market requirement documents, sales and marketing enablement and product launches for Panasonic’s products and platforms as well as measurement of the effectiveness of PASA products over product lifecycles.
- Works with external and internal stakeholders to perform market analysis and customer needs analysis to develop market opportunity assessments and business model proposals to aid product investment decisions and customer requirements for new and existing products.
- Works with global sales teams to identify new opportunities for PASA products globally and lead pursuit activities, create inter-company supply agreements and close global business awards.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing, legal, finance and other groups to manage each product release from inception to general availability.
- Assists sales, program management and engineering to supplement RFI / RFP / RFQ responses with appropriate ecosystem partners. Additionally review RFI / RFP / RFQ responses for commonality and trends to influence product direction and strategy.
- Prime for product releases including MRDs, alpha/beta programs, etc.
- Prime liaison for required partner agreements / licensing and contracts related to the product and/or segment (supplement to purchasing).
- Provides ongoing feedback from the sales channel and customers into the company regarding products.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business, computer science, or equivalent technical degree or diploma program and Master’s in Business Administration ideally with concentrations in strategy, marketing or similar and Twelve (12) years’ cross-functional experience in engineering, product management, business dev or related roles.
- Experience in automotive electronics, software and service markets ideally in IVI, connectivity, ADAS or similar area.
- Experience in developing new business models and new product business cases.
- Must have strong understanding of the automotive industry including business practices and cost accounting.
- Track record of contract negotiation for varying business models and experience of supporting legal discussions.
- Experience in supporting, planning and organizing multiple projects, including monitoring and reporting project status, and coordinating activities to ensure timely delivery.
- Experience creating/maintaining records, logs, document files, and databases for use in monitoring, tracking, and trending program/project costs, resources, schedules, and status for management.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases as appropriate to the assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.