Panasonic – Ethics and Compliance Program Leader
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
ETHICS & COMPLIANCE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
- Design and develop key ethics and compliance program elements and ensure their compliance with maintaining a world class program in accordance with all underlying regulatory and business requirements.
- Draft, develop, and review compliance-related policies.
- Manage the tracking of compliance requirements of State and Federal governments and ensure reporting requirements are followed in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory updates from government agencies and determine the potential impact of any regulatory changes to both the compliance and ethics program and the business.
- Develop and implement internal controls that can prevent and detect significant instances or patterns of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Development, review and maintenance of data-driven metrics that will provide actionable insight for the continual development of the ethics and compliance programs
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior management.
- Prepare periodic reports and evaluations on the compliance and ethics program.
- Working with the head of investigation, manage and oversee the company’s hotline and ethics and compliance reporting tool(s). Conduct or oversee investigations, as appropriate.
- Coordinate execution and implementation of global policies and procedures
- Identify resources and automated solutions for both program administration and compliance risk areas
- Provide advice and guidance to the company and it’s employees related to compliance policies and practices.
- Manage the operation of any compliance related programs and committees.
- Manage special projects such as awareness campaigns, risk assessments, and surveys.
- Identify and assess areas of compliance risk for the company, including but not limited to, antitrust, anti-corruption, privacy, and customs (import/export).
- Manage the workloads of other compliance professionals within the team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the ethics and compliance program
- Coordinate and document responses to internal and external reporting requirements relating to compliance and ethics program elements.
- Coordinate or oversee the creation, maintenance and submission of necessary forms, reports, and internal report requests etc.
- Monitor compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAINING:
- Develop annual plans for effective communication to and training of all employees within our remit. These plans should be developed with a focus on creating and maintaining a culture where ethics and compliance is a natural part of every action taken at the company and one where asking questions and raising your hand to identify concerns is both encouraged and celebrated.
- Develop, manage, and conduct ethics and compliance communications materials and training, including content review, identification of target audience(s), communications and scheduling plans, and completion tracking.
- Conduct engaging live training which will encourage and promote a culture of ethics and compliance.
- Communicate the importance of compliance and ethics to management, including promoting an understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with company employees and representatives to ensure that they have the requisite information and knowledge of compliance requirements to carry out their responsibilities in a lawful and ethical manner.
- Assist management in evaluating potential compliance risks associated with new ventures and proposed merger & acquisition activity.
- Collaborate with compliance professionals located in other parts of the world to ensure our region provides all necessary information and reports to Panasonic’s headquarters in Japan and implements compliance programs in accordance with global standards.
- Liaise with business units and subsidiaries to identify gaps and non-compliance and partner with process owners to ensure that they are corrected.
- Respond to employee questions about the company’s compliance policies and corporate values.
- Ensure improper conduct is reported and discouraged.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience in relevant field such as business, finance, compliance, or legal
- At least 10-15 years of experience in compliance and compliance-related fields.
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) preferred
- Program management and strategic planning skills, training and/or experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. and international laws, regulations, and industry guidance on the requirements for maintaining an effective compliance program, as well as those impacting global corporations, including but not limited to U.S. Embargoes and Sanctions, Antitrust, Anti-Corruption, Data Privacy, Import/Export Controls.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and regulatory information and legal advice, as well as draft and implement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create and conduct engaging and effective live training presentations.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and develop process efficiencies where required.
- Able to work independently and know when to appropriately escalate an issue for resolution.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Must possess the ability to quickly and accurately acquire a working knowledge of Panasonic entities’ businesses, strategies and processes.
- Should be able to produce concise, relevant, and strategically driven documents/presentations.
- Occasional domestic travel (10%)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.