The Equipment Reliability Engineer evaluates, from a reliability standpoint, the materials, properties, and techniques used in production. The Engineer works alongside the maintenance team and leadership to help reduce systematically machinery breakdowns. Panasonic is currently implementing a new computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) called PanaCIM. The primary task of the Engineer is to evaluate the maintenance data from the system and embark on work such as statistical and reliability analytics, and/or FMEA with emphasis on continuous process improvements. Activities include to improve Panasonic’s products and services, testing and operating equipment, and ensuring that standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, and timeliness and performance are met in production processes. The Engineer will be instrumental in ensuring Maintenance moves into the direction of being proactive and have a preventative mindset instead of the reactive mindset it currently experiences in the department. Good time management and working independently with minimal supervision is important to ensure success in this role.
- Analyze historical data from the PanaCIM system and develop and maintain component and equipment lifecycles and asset maintenance strategies based on the analysis
- Collaboration with Maintenance Supervisors, Planners, and support groups to identify improvement initiatives and lead efforts that result in departmental efficiency
- Document findings including results of root cause analysis, and facilitate the implementation of necessary changes to ensure equipment reliability levels are maintained
- Undertake activities and recommend procedures that can maximize maintenance efficiency resulting in optimal cost benefit while reducing the interruption to production using predictive and maintenance techniques, CMMS and systems
- Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance test and inspection criteria Participates in the final check-out of new installations as needed
- Provide support to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment by identifying gaps in key equipment Maintenance Strategies. Work with the Maintenance team and Center of Excellence team to modify asset maintenance strategies
- Coordinate with Center of Excellence and Engineering teams to understand, evaluate and undertake maintenance improvement methods
- Participate in the design of preventative maintenance for equipment
- Provide recommendations that will reduce the Maintenance department operating costs
- Create reports with CMMS data that will be useful for budgeting equipment/component replacements
- Maintain accurate data management and record keeping of maintenance history
- Investigate and recommend kind of predictive technologies that can be employed in the Maintenance Department (Oil Analysis, Vibration, Thermography) that could increase maintenance efficiency and increase asset availability, and OEE
- Actively contributes to the improvements of PanaCIM CMMS project procedures and processes
- Participate on a maintenance and production team responsible for maximizing equipment production and availability
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in a technical field
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system to manage maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and communication Skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- PIP Certification preferred
- Comfortable working in production areas with Maintenance technicians
- Experience leading and implementing permanent countermeasures to manufacturing issues
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills, and a high degree of self-motivation
- An understanding of asset management functions including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic issues and maintenance, and general troubleshooting/repair of manufacturing equipment is desired to allow for more efficient planning
- Familiarity with maintenance planning and scheduling software
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate department initiatives, strategy and mission needs, site problems, concerns and observations to all levels throughout the organization
- Knowledge of general reactive and preventative maintenance processes and methods
- Willingness to flex working hours to support company initiatives and priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high performance organization
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.