For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a Cell Production, Equipment Engineer.
What You'll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to Cell Production Section:
Assist manager to set and achieve the target of department KPI on daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis. The department KPI as below:
- Zero incidents
- Zero customer claims due to non-conformities
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Production quantity per head count)
- Production yield and Production loss(Failure cost)
- Production cost (Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair Expense)
- Involve related departments or companies to find resolutions if we face productivity problems related with the equipment condition
- Involve related departments or companies to find resolutions if we face quality problems related with the equipment condition
- Involve related departments to resolve issues if we face shipment problems related with equipment condition
- Involve related department and resolve if we face safety issue related with equipment problem
- Monitor the equipment condition based on Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety periodically and take some actions to resolve issue related with them.
- Troubleshoot by utilizing equipment software skills (Programmable Control Logic Software or other based software).
- Arrange the training for the co-workers to familiarize themselves with equipment software.
- Consider and execute actions to improve productivity and quality related to the equipment.
- To conduct briefing on specific policies & procedures for employees/new hires
- Any other related task assigned to you from time to time by your manager
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company.
- Reports to Sr. Equipment Engineer
Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree preferred
- 3-5 years of repair and maintenance experience with production equipment
- Equipment installation and improvement under the mass production industry
- Equipment troubleshooting by utilizing the skill of factory automation software
- Investment planning and equipment installation/troubleshooting experience under the mass production industry
- Factory Automation software skill (PLC, Programming language like visual studio, HMI, image processing system and numerical control system)
- Factory Automation skill and knowledge (Mechanical, Electric, FA network, Pneumatic, Vacuum, Temperature control and Flow control)
- Skill and knowledge to read the schematic drawing or program code
- Experience of knowledge for wet etching process, assembly process, deposition process and screen printing process is preferable
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, business community and employee
- The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell production
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell manufacturing
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Working in the clean room
Clean Room Environment:
Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
No cosmetics shall be worn in the cleanrooms. This includes: lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hair spray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position.
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).