Responsible for the maintenance and proper execution of effective Machine Safety guidelines in all PASA manufacturing facilities and equipment. Ensure all programs complies with applicable laws, regulations and company standards.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and develops programs to achieve zero harm to people, environment, and community through building a culture focused on sustaining controls and positive behaviors
- Inspects facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance. Installs safety devices on machinery, or direct device installation. Reviews plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements are achieved
- Inspects facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures are executed. Provides information support regarding potential and actual safety hazards that exist in the facility
- Maintains basic, current knowledge of and interpretation of related EHS laws and regulations and commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the EHS field. Responsible for identifying and analyzing emerging EHS trends; anticipating issues and events within our sites and businesses and working with Site Leadership and Manufacturing Engineering to develop and prioritize long-term proactive strategies.
- Plans and implements programs to train employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents
- Conducts or directs testing of air quality, noise, temperature, or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations
- Recommends process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
- Provides technical advice and guidance to the organization on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes
- Plans and directs equipment safety orientation and training programs within PASA and all PASA sites.
- Plans and implements safety audits, policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Facilitates accident investigations and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Investigates, reviews and reports findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing. Interviews employees, contractors, and vendors to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents. Evaluates adequacy of actions taken to correct issues by determining causes and preventive measures
- Performs as an ISO 14000 auditor. Provides training, maintains records and all documentation for the ISO 14000 program
- Creates functional strategies within EHS management that will support business growth within the allowances of current and emerging compliance legislation
- Interacts with agencies, consultants, and third party auditors as needed to support facility. Assists with the reviews and guidance for Regulatory Permitting & Reporting requirements
- Serves as a technical resource for facility to ensure compliance in EHS programs and policies at all times.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental, Science or Chemical Engineering or Occupational Health Science with 2-4 years’ experience in a safety role in manufacturing or automotive industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- CMSE Certified Machinery Safety Expert Certification required.
- Master Degree preferred.
- Professional Certifications CSP/CIH, desired.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point, along with good organizational, time management and general office skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.