As the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, you will help develop and implement safety programs, guidelines, and measures. Ensure we are complying with all current safety guidelines. Evaluate our procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that need improvement. You will identify and evaluate working conditions and make the needed adjustments to safeguard employee health. Examines and recommends safety equipment. Oversee maintenance of safety and accident records. You will report to the Employee Health and Safety Manager.
- Use an attitude of proactive prevention, promote and protect the health of the work force and maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Set goals for and manage safety and health-care services through implementation and evaluation of programs and procedures to ensure employee and plant safety and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses and injuries
- Maintain competent knowledge of and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory and company health and safety standards/codes. Maintain control of safety and health processes, both independently and under the direction of other safety experts. Compile and interpret statistical data related to factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents. Prepare reports/recommendations for management to act on, with strong review of compliance and risk assessment. Manage the MSDS system. Recommend risk-reduction strategies. Set objectives to receive safety management certification or equivalent from National Safety Council
- Ergonomics: Lead ergonomic assessment team. Work with design engineers to help provide ergonomically correct workstations for employees. Perform workstation ergonomic assessments and implement modifications
- Design and conduct appropriate safety and health training programs to protect the employee including Employer Right to Know (Hazard Communication), First Sid, CPR, Blood-borne Pathogens, Respirator Protection, Hearing Protection, Safe Glasses PPE Training, Incident Analysis, Fork-lift Training and Manual Handing. Maintain on-going health promotion programs and wellness promotions i.e.: Wellness Fair, Cancer Society, Crime Prevention, Dermatitis, and Hearing Testing. Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling/occupational exposure monitoring; i.e., Sound Level, Air Quality and CO monitoring and maintaining records
- Conduct safety audits and on-site inspections of operational procedures. Oversee audits, surveys and investigations conducted by representatives of company and regulatory agencies. "Chairs" plant Safety Committee
- Coordinate occupational health programs (respiratory protection, audiograms, etc.) and other relevant information with appropriate outside resources. Assists contracted health services in determining causes of occupational illnesses and recommend corrective action. Monitor and maintain plant's safety shoes & safety glasses programs
- Administer workers' compensation for the facility. Coordinate all claims with WC insurance provider and case management workers. Use expert clinical knowledge in the case management of workers' compensation and short-term disability. Track illnesses and injuries, file first reports of injury, work with employee to the workplace. Review claims and take the lead in their management. Maintain OSHA 300 log, medical records and employees' confidentiality
- Provide knowledge of diverse chemical and physical hazards within the facilities. Work with facilities' engineering in the design and installation of safety and health-related engineering control systems. Coordinate emergency response team activities with Environmental Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree preferred but must have high school diploma with at least a two year degree from a technical school or sciences discipline
- Minimum of one- five years of experience in the area of industrial hygiene, safety or occupational health in a manufacturing environment
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.