Job Title: Entry-level Vision Engineer
Shift: Day Shift
Category: Exempt (Salaried)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day at the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and energy storage businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and work to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting Keyence vision systems within Panasonic’s battery manufacturing processes.
- Providing machine-vision-related technical support to ongoing production operations.
- Developing moving camera calibration algorithms.
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determining feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Providing technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Preparing or directing preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred Education
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls engineering and/or Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Preferred: Master's degree in Engineering (electrical, controls, computer science)
- Proficiency with XG-X, LI-V Keyence controllers.
- Experience working with vision system databases.
- Knowledge of camera, light, and lens selection for applications ranging from defect detection to part location.
- Experience with quality and reliability improvement using data acquisition in conjunction with Six Sigma, Cpk, Gauge R&R, and similar quality tools.
- Skilled in the utilization of statistical analysis.
- Programming background with high-level languages such as C, C++, and Python.
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Omron.
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting Cognex manufacturing image vision systems.
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling size/terminations and load/temperature requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NFPA codes:
- 79 (and related UL standards for industrial machinery)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook,PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.