Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Working safely is number one priority, Individual must work and comply to safety working standards and practice. Complies with all environmentally safe practices and regulations. Reads all SDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required. Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both written and verbally.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is preferred.
- Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net etc.
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient bags/buckets.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts.
- Must be able to work in a construction or clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English instructions, written and verbally.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.