Job Title: Entry Level Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Working safely is number one priority. Individual must work and comply to safety working standards and practice. Complies with all environmentally safe practices and regulations.
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area “5s” (Sort, Shine, Set-in Order, Standardize, Sustain). Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Reads all SDS (Safety Data Sheets) as required and assigned per department and production lines
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Some High School
- Preferred: High school diploma or GED
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Be able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
Preferred License(s): None
Preferred Certification(s): None
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:
Tools and/or Equipment:
Occasional (1-33%) Frequent (34-66%) Continuous
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key) X
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Not Required Occasional Frequent Continuous
Up to 10 lbs X
Up to 20 lbs X
Up to 35 lbs X
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs) X
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.