Entry Level Operator
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Job PurposeWorking safely is number one priority, Individual must work and comply to safety working standards and practice. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all SDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required. Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers verbally and writing skills.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment, automation or assembly is a plus but not required.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net etc.
- Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient bags. Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient buckets.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.