The Entry Level Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic will work on-site in Burlingame, CA at SFO airport. The qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Valid FAA A&P Certification [Airframe and Powerplant License]
- Valid Driver License
- Flexibility to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends.
- 0-2 Years Aviation Maintenance experience. Avionics experience a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Able to be the face of Panasonic for our aviation customers and partners. Works well in teams.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with the customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Must have the legal right to work in the assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
This role does not offer applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.