Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
NOC Administrator - Enterprise Monitoring
This position in the Application Operations group will perform analysis, design, configuration and implementation of Panasonic Avionics global monitoring system. In addition, the position will be involved in resolving application and configuration issues, provide ongoing performance analysis and ensuring continual service improvements.
- Review of existing monitoring and procedural documentation as well as current monitoring infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement application and network monitoring changes following best practices guidelines.
- Work with development teams to help identify monitoring opportunities as well as ensure that correct matrices are being addressed.
- Support the installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux servers as well as custom applications.
- Create and maintain system technical documentation in alignment with Panasonic Avionics Corporation standards.
- Respond to escalated trouble tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with current standards.
- Participate in key process improvement initiatives to support business continuity and reliability of system infrastructure. Develop recommendations and execute system solutions for enhancing current processes.
- Participate in the development, configuration and maintenance of Linux based applications. Ensure that systems are in compliance with service level agreements, high availability/fault tolerance expectations and business continuity/disaster recovery requirements.
- Participate in applications development teams in response to upgrades, enhancements or new customer requirements.
- Ensure the successful implementation of server upgrades, maintenance fixes and vender/internal developer supplied patches.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on productions systems, services and infrastructure (in rotation with other staff)
- 5+ years’ of experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as (but not limited to) Solarwinds, CA Nimsoft, Nagios, Icinga and Zabbix.
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as (but not limited to) AppDynamics, DataDog and New Relic.
- Linux systems administration experience (i.e Redhat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Administration experience with one or more of the following databases: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle
- Experience with at least one language: Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Familiarity with management of centralized storage technologies including NAS, SAN and DAS a plus
- Familiarity with ESX/ESXi and VM system administration (vMotion, High Availability, etc.) a plus
- Excellent verbal/interpersonal, written, presentation and customer relationship communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in information gathering, planning and organizing methods and principles.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well a practical ways.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods in techniques of obtaining solutions.
- College diploma or University degree in a technical major such ad Engineering or computer science; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- Minimum 3 years relevant IT experience.
- Some domestic (<10%) and international (<5%) travel may be required.
- May be required to undertake temporary work assignments in other states, counties or countries as operational requirements dictate.
- May be required to life up to 30 pounds.
- Current passport in good standing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.