Panasonic – Engineering Technician
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Engineering Technician AKA-Super Technician must have strong technical skills to support R&D with product development, ability to validate designs, perform appropriate testing, communicate improvements, changes or alternative material to improve product designs for lasers.
- Perform in-depth evaluations of new product performance, designs, work instructions, materials and quality mandates
- Assemble and install chassis, rack assemblies, mechanisms and mechanical structures
- Consult with engineering teams on how to optimize product to meet CNS/PSFS mandates
- Prepare testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of products in conjunction with product design and specifications are in place to transition to manufacturing stages.
- Conducts basic quality analysis and inspections on all testing equipment
- Performs routine upgrades to test equipment and maintains lab equipment to working order
- Participates in ECN discussions to ensure WI’s are accurate
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- High School Degree required with some college preferred, Associates Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in R&D electronics a plus
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical and temperature units
- Experience with assembling and dis-assembling mechanical/optical components
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Problem solving
- Confidence to engage in productive conversations with Engineering team
- Presentation skills
- Good communication skills (written, oral and reading) to articulate and record suggestions, improvements, changes, etc.
- Able to work on a team
- Must be able to communicate with engineers regarding the findings, propose suggestions to changes or alternatives.
- May need to present to Engineering proposals.
- Able to lift more than 20 pounds
- Good manual dexterity needed to operate hand tools, power tools, cameras, microscopes and hand-held gauges
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.