As an Engineering Technical Manager working in engineering organization, this position is to lead the front end evaluation of suppliers for new innovative products as well as developing strategies for suppliers based on their ongoing competitive capabilities relative to the company’s needs. Working with Product line engineering members, help identify rising business opportunities, assess gaps in supply base to fuel new products for future growth of the company. Conduct initial high level feasibility evaluation of strategic suppliers and their technology know-hows to create an ecosystem for next generation products, services and techniques in related product space.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Must have good insight, understanding and proximity to “Business”, “Product” and “Supply” side to drive effective collaboration.
- Maintains list of product related suppliers based on Mid Term Plan (MTP)/Business Plan (BP).
- Works with Product Line Business Units to identify gap suppliers and technologies.
- Maintains continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing techniques.
- Gathers information on new technology and competitive products through universities, conferences and/or suppliers (whitepapers, manuals, tradeshows, publications), to enable PASA with highly competitive new designs.
- Gathers information on OEM's and competitors’ existing suppliers, in order to benchmark the competition.
- Develops supply base and establish long term relationship with strategic suppliers for new and existing product types.
- Conducts supplier technical assessments through Technical Design Reviews with suppliers.
- Facilitates early supplier involvement in key new product developments, using the supplier’s talent, innovation, capabilities, expertise and IP, to optimize PASA’s product quality and manufacturability.
- Schedules Exploratory supplier visits.
- Leads competitive analysis exercises for benchmarking.
- Must have Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Must demonstrate technical and professional skills in job-related area of engineering mechanics, electronics, physics, materials and manufacturing methods.
- Proven understanding of Automotive or related industry Services Development and Execution to quality and warranty.
- Clear understanding of Customer Requirements Management.
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Strategic supplier engagement or management in automotive or electronics industry is preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.