At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and work to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
- Leading a team of highly talented and motivated engineers in one of Panasonic’s battery production processes. The duties of the team include but are not limited to:
- Providing engineering support related to daily production activities.
- Working to optimize OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) to increase productivity and reduce defect and loss.
- Utilizing OEE and other production data to effectively manage tasks and activities.
- Demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills and ability to quickly solve unknown problems.
- Troubleshooting real time production problems to maintain production and reduce defects.
- Monitoring and auditing manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Applying technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions, SOP’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Developing new production processes and methods to increase production rates, improve quality, reduce defects, and reduce cost.
- Leading by example with a strong work ethic and a “get the job done” approach.
- Having excellent time and project management skills, including effectively allocating time and resources, clearly tracking project progress, and delivering accurate results by deadlines.
- Developing effective short-term and long-term plans for the team to achieve business targets.
- Effectively communicating and working with management teams, team members, and related divisions (e.g. Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control).
- Executing high performance culture and servant leadership.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related discipline.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related discipline.
- Panasonic Energy of North America does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are looking for the best of the best.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in areas such as manufacturing, product development, design, or other area.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Familiarity with six sigma methodologies and tools.
- Strong data analysis skills with tools such as JMP, Minitab, Python, or MATLAB are highly desired.
- Experience with battery production or R&D.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 50%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent