Panasonic is looking for interns to join our creative team engineers. Our engineers are hard-working, goal-oriented, and creative, and they are looking for interns to train. The interns hired for this position should expect to learn all facets of manufacturing and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge. Also, this internship program is highly regarded in our field, so successful participation will be a great addition to your resume.
- Engineering Program Managers (EPM) Intern will support PENA EPM’s in managing projects and programs throughout their project life cycle.
- EPM Intern will support EPM’s in daily tasks such as project schedule updating, supporting in daily standup meetings with project team, analyzing project related documents, budget review and analysis, identification of project risk or constraints, assisting in implementing risk mitigation tactics, and supporting contractors or PENA engineers to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Business, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- Preferred: None
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s degree program in Business, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of project management processes and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic at the Gigafactory
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student during the time of the internship at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years at an accredited four-year college or university.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 23rd and Friday, August 12th. This date range is subject to change
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.