Manages the people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams at the project/program level of small to medium scale development programs. Responsible to deliver the product on time with high quality to our customers. Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimal performance level.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Owns the talent acquisition processes within the project/program to ensure frequent workforce planning is completed, and recruiting processes are followed.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the business unit - both internally and the quality of external hires.
- Ensures that performance expectations are clear to the individuals within the project/program. Specifically, ensures that the project/program’s strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Ensures that all individuals within the project/program are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Establishes a formal learning and development plan for all employees and track progress.
- Identifies employee relations issues and develop action plans that address the root cause through training/coaching/policy clarifications.
- Understands, and can explain to the team, how the Product Development Process (PDP) aligns with company Strategy & Goals.
- Assures all staff on the project are compliant with the PASA PDP.
- Supports, and arranges for, 3rd party audit of the project.
- Develops project level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages the project level engineering timeline plan to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the project level Hardware (HW)/ Software (SW)/ Systems (SE) / Development Verification Test (DVT) product development design dependencies between departments to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Manages project level activities in analyzing key product indicator data & trends to improve the product quality & development process.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of full lifecycle product development experience in a relevant product design.
- Minimum five (5) years leading a team of design engineers with a formal development process.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated successful results of QCD.
- Experience in designing, developing In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) products.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, tracking, and delivering KPI metrics, and reports.
- Managing 3rd parties, and contract suppliers.
- Experience interfacing with customers, and directing suppliers.
- Excellent project management skills including planning and time management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate teams, and teams of teams.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.