Panasonic – Engineering Intern (Fall 2020)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
To work closely with the Industrial Automation Product Team and assist with technical product activities that is aligned with the division’s strategic direction. This position will report into the Product Management team.
- Assist Product Managers with technical related product activities
- Work with product engineers to create design guides.
- Draft/Improve new and existing product documentation -- specifications, brochures, catalogs, block diagrams, and others.
- Assist in the initial stages of the Product Life Cycle (PLC)
- New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Product Sunsetting, discontinuations
- Product launch schedule management (Roadmap management support)
- Assist management in the preparation of reports on product and sales
- Assist in the research of market, competition, and customer information.
- Assist in project management of specific projects
- Assist in addressing engineering inquires and compliance issues
- Update product reference master
- Assist in the development of technical training materials for both sales staff and customers
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Pursing a 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with strong Word and Excel ability, and experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with graphic design software a plus, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Inkscape, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and interest in working in a rapidly changing industry and operational environment
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Internal: Product Managers, Marketing, and Technical Services Division
- External: Sales Team
- 0% local or overnight domestic travel expected,
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.