Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assist in the testing of electronic components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develop test plans for validation of electrical components. This shall typically be accomplished through thorough knowledge of customer and internal component, system, and sub-system specifications.
- Confer with Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document test activity, as required.
- Use general test equipment (Environmental Chambers, Thermal Shock, Vibration, Signal Generators, Audio Analyzers, etc.) to perform pre-established tests to evaluate product performance characteristics under a variety of environmental conditions.
- Prepare information, as needed, in the support of the validation/test process.
- Confirm availability, and facilitate acquisition of, necessary equipment to successfully meet project schedules.
- Plan, develop, and participate in, experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Participate in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- May develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to less experience engineers.
- May be responsible for reporting budget requirements to the Manager or other appropriate personnel.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of three years experience in related test activity required.
- Experience in an electronic manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems/tasks required
- Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.