Leads people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams at the business unit/customer group level on small, medium and/or large scale development programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and coordinates projects with automotive OEM customers.
- Provides overall project development, leadership and motivation for design team through project completion.
- Provides programmatic coordination among Systems, Software, Test, Electrical and Mechanical disciplines.
- Manages project activities in conjunction with other departments and locations (e.g. Validation, Global Manufacturing, Purchasing and Panasonic, Japan).
- Reviews procedures, materials, or processes to assure compliance to all specifications and standards.
- Leads and coordinates Change Request Authorizations and Engineering Change Orders.
- Leads, creates and maintains Project Books containing Design Reviews (DR0, DR1, DR2), Design outputs, minutes, etc.
- Leads Project from Request for Quote process through factory transfer (Zenbara, Value Analysis / Value Engineering) and production launch as outlined in Product Development Process procedure.
- Manages and communicates with team and management regarding development activities, project schedule, cost, issues, and risks.
- Develops project plans, scheduling, budget planning, Work Breakdown Structure, leads Cross Functional Team meetings, and Red/Yellow/Green tracking.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of customer facing, electronics product life cycle management experience
- Experience leading high performance teams
- Experience with system level design work and solving complex problems independently (Proactive & Reactive).
- Experience in coordinating technical activities in conjunction with Lead Engineers.
- Experience in coordinating, delegating and prioritizing development and functional activities, while managing critical open action items.
- Experience interfacing with customers on technical project issues.
- Experience in creating reports on technical, scheduling and other project issues.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Experience mentoring and motivating team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Working knowledge of Product Launch System (PLS) process methodology
- Experience using RTC, Agile, and EARs
- Knowledge of ASPICE
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.