Responsible for supplier quality results, new supplier development and quality improvement efforts for a group of suppliers based on commodity to support the company business growth.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Assists in the development and implementation of a supplier quality program to be used across the company.
- Accountable for the quality level of supplier components in development as well as in production and in field use. D
- Develops mid-term plan and business plan for the responsible commodities.
- Plan must consist of specific targets, actions to achieve targets, measurable timelines/milestones and follow-up on the measurable milestones.
- Assesses and improves the current suppliers’ processes.
- Specific responsibilities include leading initiatives to improve the following:
- Actively participates in new supplier selection for a successful launch and life-time production.
- New supplier development and training – defines quality requirements and train suppliers to meet those requirements
- Actively develops schedules/milestones and requirements with a cross functional team and communicates them clearly to suppliers
- Participates in design for manufacturer reviews
- Reviews and approves supplier PPAP packages for new or changed parts. Trains suppliers in the Panasonic requirements for PPAP submission.
- Ongoing quality assurance from supplier data, reporting
- Changes (mfg., design) analysis and confirmation
- Promotes and manages corrective actions for escalation issues from the factory for production parts and warranty complaints
- Four-year college degree in operations, engineering, technology or quality related field and three years of related supplier quality experience; or five years of related supplier quality experience.
- Familiarity of manufacturing processes found at Company’s suppliers. This would include being familiar with any of the following: metal stamping, metal extrusion, metal die casting, or plastic injection molding.
- Familiarity with structured problem solving using one or more of the following methods: 8D, 5 Whys, Root Cause Analysis.
- Good understanding of quality approaches preferred.
- Previous work experience in a cross-cultural, international environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.