Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assist in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of mechanical hardware components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops designs for mechanical subsystems for mechanical components.
- Prepares information as needed in the design documentation process and confers with Senior and Staff Engineers to develop and document design modifications as required.
- May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (DFMEA) reporting and optimize existing design.
- Conducts thermal modelling of electronic modules (Amplifiers, Radio units, ECU’s), analyzes thermal load distribution, airflow pattern using Ansys ICEPACK and designs of standardized fixture for structural and thermal testing.
- Mechanical PCB layout & design; setup and transfer files to ECAD for board layout.
- Must plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development; in addition, may develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience or a minimum of six (6) years of mechanical design experience in electronics products.
- Experience with simulation tools, NX 3-D CAD and ATIA V5 experience are required
- Icepack, Light Tools, Ansys experience are preferred.
- Design experience in plastics, stampings and castings including knowledge of part fabrication process required.
- The ability to direct and coordinate manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.