Performs moderate to complex tasks to conduct detailed high-level defect investigations to root cause, and works with responsible areas to develop and implement corrective actions. Works on assignments where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, under limited supervision. Requires instructions only on new assignments.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Participates and conducts in-depth root cause analysis for completed assemblies to component level. Adheres to the Failure Analysis Team (FA) metrics by completing analysis within the specified goals.
- Coordinates, prepares, reviews for accuracy detailed Failure Analysis reports. Reports may contain clear and concise analysis summary, defect pictures, unit history search, charts, graphs, tables, electrical measurements, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA's), and defective component report.
- Utilizes microscopes, oscilloscopes, analyzers, power supplies, RF generators, and test vehicles to conduct defect investigations. Performs 3D x-ray analysis. Performs cross section analysis, as needed.
- Supports safety investigations and reports for thermal events. Works with senior staff and management to document and confirm results of safety investigations. Ensures corrective action breakpoints for thermal event investigations are maintained.
- Provides analysis support and works with other departments including hardware engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing etc. to determine root cause.
- Complies will all RCAT test procedures, including trouble found/no trouble found process flow. Follow best practices to maintain ESD safe environment. Maintain clean workspace following 5S principles.
- Understands and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations. Makes recommendations for process improvement as appropriate.
- Conducts on-site support to include customer representative interface for defect investigations. May be responsible to ship and operate portable test equipment for defect investigations, and interface to test vehicle.
- Assists with outside laboratories for materials analysis. Delivers defect samples, arranges investigation, relays technical information, interprets vendor’s report, and reports to management and senior staff.
- Four-year college degree in Science; Technology; Electrical Engineering; Math or related field required or a minimum of Six (6) years quality or test activity experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related test activity or quality experience required.
- Three (3) years of experience in an electronic environment required.
- Experience with automated testing (both hardware and software) required.
- Proficiency with soldering/desoldering required.
- Automotive electronics knowledge strongly preferred.
- Direct electronics manufacturing process support experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Must be familiar with defect and requirements tracking system.
- Must possess basic knowledge of discipline specific documentation and test considerations.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.