Endpoint Systems Administrator
ITC Global, Inc.
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Provide supervisory guidance to a team of technicians and be a point of contact with end users, projects and the coordination of incoming work for the entire team. Optimize the desktop computing environment and related components to achieve high availability and performance of various business applications. This includes designing, installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning endpoint operating systems and components across the organization in a timely and efficient manner. A combination of strong technical and communication skills necessary.
- Supervise workflow, projects and provide guidance to Tier 1 to Tier 3 IT Technicians.
- Coordinate and supervise the assignment of tickets via standard ticket management processes and procedures.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for all Windows environments throughout the organization.
- Participate in the design and review of new Windows systems and Windows application deployments. This includes the developing of automated imaging and application deployments.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Provide technical input regarding hardware standardization.
- Develop and maintain Windows training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and IT staff.
- Software Deployment Expertise using Quest Kace as well as scripted installs including deployment methodologies and software lifecycle planning.
- Development of low touch image deployments.
- IT Security expertise as it relates to both OS and 3rd Party Patching
- Troubleshooting of complex problems.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Ensure that Windows-based workstations comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Expert technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS X.
- Strong Technical IT experience and problem solving within a technical team environment
- Enterprise migration and deployment experience required.
- Demonstrable strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of internal computing and telephony components.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including AD, File Services, Print Services, IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, PC Image deployment, McAfee Endpoint, KACE, VMware and Citrix clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of endpoint (computers, tablets, smart phones) architecture build methodologies
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including WireShark, Registry, Virus, Spyware and Adware tools.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into Mac and PC issues and products as required.
- Able to setup video conferencing calls either via Skype or in-house conference units.
- Minimum 5 years IT Customer Services experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or Certification. A 2-year degree or certification with a combination of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Industry certifications, such as MCSA, MCSE, ITIL, etc. are very desirable
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- On-call availability for approximately 4 weeks a year.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (approximately 50lbs), such as computers and peripherals
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.