The Employee Health and Safety Specialist II supports Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) for Hussmann Services in the Southwest district. This individual will be a leader for the Southwest District in Health and Safety practices and training and make regular visits to all their sites in the district. You will report to the EHS Manager. Candidates can live within a reasonable commuting distance from the Phoenix metro area.
This role is expected to travel around 60% of the time to locations within the Southwest District (NM, CA, AZ, CO, NV, TX, UT, WY sites).
- Supervision and coordination of all EHS related activities within the facilities assigned, to support management with the implementation of EHS standards and requirements.
- Conduct and manage EHS inspections & audits in accordance with Hussmann policy
- Implement and maintain (revise as necessary) local EHS programs based on company policies and other regulations
- Liaison with local authority, community and other external bodies regarding EHS issues
- Provide EHS consultation to all departments of the district
- Recognize acute hazards and recommend or make immediate corrections
- Assist on multiple projects, including with cross function teams
- Coordinate and conduct EHS-related training
- Participate in incident investigation and/or emergency response at District location(s)
- Administrative responsibilities (examples: SDS Sheets, data entry, Workers' Compensation, maintain KPIs, Maintain injury & illness record keeping)
- Analyze data and communicate trends in EHS performance
- Manage a fleet of approximately 170 vehicles (assignment, registration, DOT compliance, etc.)
- Travel required (up to 60%), including overnight (NM, CA, AZ, CO, NV, TX, UT, WY sites
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in EHS
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering and commercial refrigeration
- EHS experience in construction
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA required
- OSHA 30 or similar certification
- Have valid driver's license
- Have physical capability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds
- Self-starter with ability to operate under general instructions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and practice implementing ISO14001 & OHS management systems
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Your application will stand out if you have:
- Experience supporting multiple site locations
- Fleet management experience
- Experience in safety training
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.