CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE (IMPORT/EXPORT)
- Interact with both internal and external entities to coordinate the export/import of various products and/or services and with government agencies to verify compliance.
- Establish recordkeeping standards and maintain file maintenance in accordance with Customs regulations and company policies.
- Ensure harmonized tariff research, binding rulings, protest, duty rates and valuation on import shipments are processed timely and efficiently in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Research and respond appropriately and timely to all Customs rejections and requests for information
- Ensure application and compliance of all relevant trade agreements with exporting countries to include maintenance of all required documentation
- Determine HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) for all products and maintain internal database
- File any needed PEA?s (post entry adjustments)
- Analyze commercial documentation against shipment receipts to determine shortages or overages and resolve with Customs Authorities.
- Manage all shortage/overage reporting to Customs within regulatory guidelines.
- Manage import brokerage and traffic systems to facilitate the clearance of cargo and the movement of cargo to the destination.
- Responsible for overseeing an export/import program within the facility
- File Custom entry protests with proper customs authorities
Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Establish corrective action/recovery plan for sustaining compliance
- Working knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) / commodity classification process & INCOTERMS
- Strong knowledge of warehouse operations
- Demonstrated experience in the clearance of import shipments, overseeing and managing export compliance process, customs brokerage, interactions with broker and Customs, as well as other Government regulatory agencies
- Extensive knowledge of import regulations
- Practical experience in supporting FTZ and related controls and entries
- Experience dealing with Customs Border Control
- Detail oriented and strong analytical background.
- Good leadership, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Recognized qualification in Import/ Export Management or relevant college degree and/or certificated evidence of attendance at relevant professional courses
- Substantial Import / Export process
- Minimum 4 year work experience in a supply chain environment Warehouse and Distribution
- Proficient in data analysis and review to properly administer Risk Management activities
- An EU passport, as travel in Europe and elsewhere may be needed
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time working at PC using repetitive motion in the operationof a mouse and keyboard.