Panasonic – Embedded System Test & Integration Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As an Embedded Engineer you will contribute to the development and deployment of connected vehicle (V2X) technology within vehicles, and on the roadside. You will help to influence new products and become a subject matter expert to assist our customers deploy, operate and maintain embedded system hardware and software solutions for new, advanced traffic management systems.
- Setup, configure, operate, and maintain V2X embedded systems devices (Including V2X On-Board Equipment (OBE), V2X Roadside Equipment (RSE), and edge-computing devices).
- Develop automated configuration and testing tools for newly developed hardware and software solutions
- Support the installation and deployment for embedded systems devices including travel to customer locations
- Support the design and development of field-testing tools for embedded devices deployed in the field.
- Support, improve and tune legacy code-base.
- Establish and refine requirements for new embedded systems devices
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- Embedded software engineer with 5+ years of commercial experience.
- Good experience with board-support package development or maintenance.
- Using SNMP protocol for device management
- Code Design; Git;
- Unix shell and BASH scripting, SSH and expect tools
- Packet Capture/Wireshark, tcpdump, firewall and iptables configuration, IP commands, CIDR management
Preferred Additional Experience
V2X Roadside Unit (RSU), On-Board Unit (OBU) development, deployment or support experience
Automotive experience (vehicle electrical and data interfaces: CAN, LIN)
- Familiarity with automotive mechanical systems
- Java, Kotlin, Python
- Network architecture and security
- Schematics and wiring diagrams
- Electrical and mechanical HW knowledge
- Prototype design and documentation
- Basic understanding of RF systems, components, and test equipment
- Automated data collection, data analysis and interpretation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Technical writing experience
- A utility player – willing to take on additional scope and responsibility as needed
- Always strives to learn something new
- Happiest when working in an innovative space with others
- Comfortable working under pressure and in quick changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Knowledge data extraction/collection and visualization techniques
- Have high-quality goals, looking for ways to make improvements and efficiencies
- Finds creative and innovative ways to accomplish tasks and reach goals
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation and potentially direct more junior staff.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Ability to travel to as required of the position.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of customer deployment operations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.