Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Embedded System Test & Integration Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You Will Get to Do:
You will help to bring new equipment online into the Cirrus by Panasonic Cloud to ensure the equipment is fully operational, meets all system requirements, and fits the needs of the business. You will influence new product development and become a subject matter expert to assist our Department of Transportation customers in deploying hardware to the field, operating, and maintaining RSU and OBU across key strategic regions. This role plays a critical part in helping to develop Cirrus by Panasonic and its capabilities. Automation is key for our business to efficiently scale our hardware deployment across North America.
- Analyze, setup, configure, operate, and maintain V2X embedded systems devices including V2X On-Board Units, V2X Roadside Units, and edge-computing devices.
- Develop automated configuration and testing tools for hardware and software solutions addressing the needs of the future transportation industry.
- Support the installation, deployment, and automated real time monitoring of embedded systems and devices.
- Support the design and development of field-testing tools for embedded devices deployed in the field.
- Support, improve, and tune legacy codebase supporting our embedded systems.
- Establish and refine requirements for new embedded systems & devices.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- Test, Automation, or Integration Engineer with 3 or more years of experience
- Linux or Unix shell and BASH scripting experience
- Extensive experience managing remote hardware systems via SSH and WebSockets
- Experience managing assets remotely and familiarity with network infrastructures
- Good experience with the version control system Git
- Knowledge with at least one of Python, Go or Nodejs
- Familiarity with JSON file formats, structures, and processing methods
- V2X Roadside Unit, On-board unit development, deployment, or customer support experience
- Use of Simple Network Management Protocol for device management
- Experience developing web-based tools and embedded device support systems such as monitoring, management, and debugging.
- Automotive or robotics experience in electrical and data interfaces such as CAN, J1939, and Ethernet
- Prototype design and documentation development
- Basic understanding of RF systems, components, and test equipment
- Automated data collection, data analysis and interpretation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technical writing and documentation experience
- Experience with AWS or CLI
- A utility player – willing to take on additional scope and responsibility as needed
- Always strives to learn something new
- Happiest when working in an innovative space with others
- Comfortable working under pressure and in quick changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Data trend extraction or collection and visualization techniques
- Always looking for ways to make improvements and efficiencies
- Finds creative and innovative ways to accomplish tasks and reach goals
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation and potentially direct more junior staff
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise, and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly to customers and within the team
- Empathetic approach to communication to customers and stakeholders
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Ability to travel to customer locations as required up to 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of customer deployment operations from home and from the Denver based office
What We Offer:
- The pay range for this position based in Denver, CO is expected to be $69,600 to $124,300 depending on candidate qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.