Panasonic – Embedded Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work in a small team of device software engineers to build new IoT enabled devices. You are expected to be a hands-on tech lead with demonstrable experience in leading small teams who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable software. You will be expected to work equally between design, hands-on development, and providing mentorship to other developers within the organization.
- You should have experience leading the development of embedded device software on both RTOS and Linux class devices.
- Wide experience with all aspects of embedded platform software including boot loaders and the plethora of related device drivers.
- Expansive understanding of IP networking protocols as well as WiFi/BLE and should be comfortable reading hardware schematics and implementing rapid prototyping on a variety of hardware.
- Various bus technologies are also required (USB, SPI, UART, JTAG).
- Demonstrable track record of working closely with mobile apps, services and PM teams with high quality products that have already launched.
- Build robust and scalable embedded device side software with solid connectivity
- Plan software releases and release schedules
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain device IoT software in the field
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, PM and UX teams
- Tech Lead coordinating a small team of engineers while mentoring others
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent work experience
- 15+ years’ experience building embedded software with C, C++, Java, Python
- 5+ years as tech lead or manager leading embedded software launches
- Evidence of architectural or design influence on embedded platform design
- Demonstrable, high quality, connectivity and networking rich product launches
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products in volume
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.